R&D Project Leader - Scientist
Cedar Rapids, IA
R&D Project Leader – Scientist
The Research and Development Scientist – Project Leader will be specific to research of new product development and process improvement for the retail, convenience foods and meal solutions sector. Supports technical sales, and manufacturing troubleshooting for new capabilities. Provide technical expertise and project leadership for new product development for product line growth, process development for new capabilities and cost reduction efforts. Primary objectives of the position will include:
- Provide technical support during commercialization process
- Convenience foods experience for packaged deli meats, breaded foods, meat protein meals
- Provide operational support to production during introduction to new products and processes associated with new products
- R&D pilot plant experience, up through production
- Develop new products and improve current processes, project leader
- Computer experience – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or Google (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Damon Wickmann at email@example.com.
- BS in Food Science with Meat Science preferred
- 5+ years industry experience or combination education and experience
- Team player while being a leader
- Provide project leadership on specific process improvement, cost improvement and new equipment startups
- Provide insight and direction for R&D on preliminary product specifications, processes and formulations
- Previous manufacturing experience is preferred working with protein products
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment of continuous change and challenges
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Enthusiasm to keep up with system changes
- Communicative to plant personnel as well as corporate leaders in company
- Is proactive to change and challenges in industry for customer trends
- IQF and High-pressure processing a plus
- Working with FDA, USDA, regulatory for animal proteins
- HACCP understanding and quality lab practices
- Commercialization and familiar with manufacturing environment
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Damon Wickmann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have always been an advocate of life and career strategy management.
I am also a 'Foodie' at heart and love recruiting for food and beverage companies.
My background in education has provided me tools to support my passion for helping talented people with career advancement.
I have transitioned from college advising to career recruiting where I combine that with my other passion - Food!
I recruit excellent people for the food industry and the science behind what we eat and drink. This includes research and development in the lab through commercialization and the quality people behind the scenes that make it all happen. I look forward to speaking with you soon.