Reliability Engineer or Senior Reliability Engineer
Engineering Professional, are you ready to take your career to another level with an organization that will have your interest in mind first? Since 1976, CPS has matched top talent in multiple fields of engineering with progressive companies in all industries. Whether you are fresh out of school or an experienced professional with decades of experience, CPS can help you find the right fit for your next career move. For over 40 years CPS has been working with the employers nationwide, from family owned businesses to Fortune 500 corporations, to help them meet their engineering needs.
Here at CPS, Inc., we work with our clients to place quality talent for permanent and full-time positions. Our experienced recruiters spend time getting to know you, what type of work and company culture you like, and what your career goals are moving forward. We use our experience and knowledge of our client companies to find the right match for you. If you are looking to build your career, ready to take on new challenges, and gain the experiences you have always wanted, we want to work with you!
An excellent opportunity for a Reliability Engineer has become available in Portland, OR. Our client is a leading manufacturer with locations throughout the world. Offering great benefits and growth opportunities.
As the Reliability Engineer you will be the Leader of risk & reliability for critical machines at the plant.
- Ensure that all rotating plant equipment assets at the Plant have effective Reliability and Capability Life Plans and world class maintenance strategies
- Work closely with Maintenance Planners to ensure that preventive & predictive maintenance work orders in SAP PM are aligned with equipment maintenance strategies.
- Drive the implementation of the RCM business process (criticality analysis, maintenance strategies).
- Apply a structured approach to reliability management
- Ensure major rotating equipment risks are identified, assessed, documented & mitigated in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Influence a significant reduction in the frequency and business impact of rotating equipment failures.
- Complete equipment failure investigations using root cause analysis techniques.
- Conduct engineering statistical reliability studies from the risk assessments, criticality data, corrective maintenance history, and failure history.
- Continuous update and review rotating plant equipment items in the operational risk registers. Implement effective controls and improvement actions (elimination/reduction).
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in maintenance and/or engineering in a heavy industry environment.
- Knowledge of rotating plant equipment
- Technically competent with respect to management of Rotating equipment in particular: rotor dynamics, performance monitoring, principles of compressible flow, principles of lubrication management, condition monitoring, reliability benchmarks, best engineering practices, and machinery overhaul practices.
- Familiarity with Safety Management Systems.
- Experienced in risk identification, analysis, and mitigation strategies.
- Demonstrated ability in optimizing reliability e.g. reducing failure rates, increasing uptime, etc.
- Strong understanding of RBM (Risk-based Maintenance) and RCM (reliability-centered maintenance) maintenance strategy development.
- Competent in the various methods of Root Cause Failure Analysis.