Research & Development Manager - Agriculture
Atlanta, GA US
Our customer is one of the largest developers of agrochemical formulations in the world. Their primary business is centered around being a leader in nutrient management, protection and plant growth. Their team brings a full spectrum of plant health and seed enhancement solutions, equipping farmers with the right tools to deliver yield results they can count on.
The business philosophy centers around employees being empowered to do what they do best to make life better. The right candidate will be an organic chemist with a background in agrochemical or surfactant-based formulations. The R& D Manager will develop and manage a team of chemists and technicians to perform and grow personally in a thriving and highly collaborative lab setting. If you are an individual that has an entrepreneurial spirit, is adaptive in varying situations, and wants to make a difference in the world’s food supply reach out to CPS today to learn more.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role, you will collaborate on base business commercialization efforts and the development and commercialization of new products that improve crop nutrition, optimize plant health, and create long-term value in the agricultural market. This opportunity will allow you to combine your technical expertise, leadership skills, creativity, and entrepreneurship to have a direct impact on business performance.
• Collaborate with leadership, procurement, product stewardship and operations to ensure products meet end user/brand/competitive specifications, commercialization timelines and product quality criteria
• Attract, motivate, empower, develop and retain a diverse team
• Lead 3-5 chemist on their professional development and project completion
• Drive continuous improvement through formulation optimization, minimizing waste and optimizing the product portfolio
• Provide technical support/training to sales teams, operations and marketing
• Identify new product technologies and explore the potential to improve products/processes based on insights to help the business team drive portfolio expansion
• Develop Intellectual Property strategies
**If you'd like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Steve Sapita at firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Ph.D. in a Physical Science field - Chemistry, Formulation Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, etc.
• Comprehensive industrial experience with product/formulation development, commercialization, production scale up, and managing small to complex projects
• Experience leading and mentoring a team of direct reports
• Five (5) or more years of experience in the Agriculture Industry supporting new product development
• Experience with nitrogen stabilizer product development
• Proven track record with cross-capability collaboration
Handling of Intellectual Property programs; TASCA; REACH; FIFRA; Regulatory knowledge; QMS Philosophies; Inventions and Patents; Sales experience.
20% Travel per year
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Technical Recruiter
SPECIALTIES: All Industrial Research & Development Laboratory related positions including: Formulation Chemist; Synthetic Chemist; R & D Leadership; Analytical Chemistry; Technical Service; Regulatory; Project Mangers; Process Chemistry; Environmental and Health; Quality Positions; Material Scientist.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Specialty Chemicals, Building Materials, Polymers, Petrochemical, Agrochemical; Surface Cleaners; Ink; Surfactants; Resins.
The levels of candidates that I place include Chemists; Sr Chemists; Innovation; Directors; Quality Professionals; Technical Service Professionals; Production Supervisors; EHS Specialists; Scientist; Regulatory Professionals; and Laboratory Support Personnel.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their potential by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.