Compliance Testing Specialist - 401k Plans
Philadelphia, PA US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Fully Remote Opportunity with Flexible Core Hours - Compliance Testing Specialist - 401k Plans
The Compliance Testing Specialist will be primarily responsible for performing calculations and testing on 401k plans. This testing includes but is not limited to ADP/ACP, Top Heavy, 415, New Comparability/Cross testing, etc.
- Prepare compliance tests including: review of plan eligibility requirements and determination of eligible participants; review of plan allocation conditions and calculation of requested contributions and forfeiture allocations; ADP/ACP nondiscrimination, 415 annual additions, 416 Top Heavy, 410b coverage, 401a4 General, Benefits Rights & Features, and 414s tests. Train team members on the compliance process and system. Peer review tests and discuss changes as needed.
- Prepare, review, and publish 5500 forms to allow client filing. Train team members on the 5500 process and system. Review 5500 forms prepared by junior staff and provide feedback and additional training if indicated.
- Research and resolve testing and 5500 issues and questions. Collaborate with other departments when needed to resolve issues. Participate in calls with clients and Sales staff as requested.
- Prepare and deliver IRS Form 8955-SSA and Form 5330. Review Qualified Domestic Relationship Orders. Assist with testing preparation including setting up plans in databases and reviewing plan document amendments for changes that impact testing.
- Test new processes and programs. Review current processes and work with manager and team lead to identify potential improvements.
Desired Skills And Experience
- ASPPA Credentials are always appreciated
- Experience with Relius, ASC, Datair, FTWilliams and Pension Pro are a plus
- Advanced working knowledge and understanding of retirement plan administration and associated regulations and IRS tax rules.
Meet Your Recruiter
Retirement & Actuarial Executive Recruiter
- Why you're looking for a new position
- Why you're interested (or not) in a certain opportunity
I'm confident in my ability to ask enough questions, listen, and truly understand the various factors when making career decisions.
For every 3 candidates that get an interview through me, 1 gets hired. Let me help you find your next home in the retirement industry.
Born, bred, and fed in Chicago. I was a bandwagon Blackhawks fan in 2013, but have since been accepted into that fan community! I come from a big family where the rice and kabobs are always flowing at Sunday dinners.
"I had the pleasure of working with Arbella for 2 months while changing jobs and it could not have been a greater experience. Arbella has the ability to make you feel like you are her only client, which is something that can be hard to find when working with recruiters. She was awesome with guiding me through the interview process, coordinating interview times with my future employer and gathering feedback. Arbella was always quick to follow up with me and never left me in the dark. If you are looking for a new opportunity in the retirement services industry you couldn’t be in better hands."
Check out my other recommendations on Linkedin.