Senior Beverage Scientist - Powders
Chicago, IL US
Senior Beverage Scientist – Powders
Innovative company, state of the art labs, fast paced work environment: seeking a senior scientist with expertise in product development of powdered beverages and the ability to work on high profile, priority projects.
Seeking a Senior Beverage Scientist with 7-10 years of experience developing food and/or beverage products to join our Product Development team. This position emphasizes full product development, as well as flavor application efforts across a wide variety of beverage forms with a strong emphasis on powders. Shelf-life execution and overall program management will also be a focus, especially in regard to powders. The ideal candidate will be a positive, energetic team player and hands-on person with a passion for working on the bench to develop innovative products.
- Collaborate with Product Development Scientists, Flavor Chemists and other R&D teammates to design best in class product formulations that exceed the expectations of our customers
- Create and execute studies to evaluate shelf life of products, based on results, recommend shelf life for products, or execute further studies to determine root cause of the failure
- Refine and manage the shelf-life program to efficiently and accurately deliver results based on customer shelf-life needs as well as internal learning and development
- Act as the powder science Subject Matter Expert (SME) on staff and provide input as either a lead on consultant on projects from ideation to commercialization
- Design formulations and manufacturing instructions that result in products that meet the specific organoleptic, stability, nutritional and regulatory demands of our customers
- Stay abreast of industry trends and new ingredients & technologies and leverage that knowledge to develop ingredient systems enabling improved innovation offerings
- Use strong working knowledge of ingredient functionality and product development best practices to create great tasting, safe and stable powdered beverage products
- Ability to lead a team of other technical teammates dedicated to the same project in order to meet customer expectations and deadlines
- Design formulations for customer demonstrations that emphasize current trends and new ingredient technologies
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Mary Rigas-Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Food or Chemical Engineering or related field
- 7-10 years of food and/or beverage industry experience
- Experience in the development and launch of beverage products beyond simple prototype development. Must understand the impact of plant processing on beverages and be able to design formulations accordingly
- Subject matter expert on powdered beverage formulation and shelf-life; must be well versed in powder science and how to develop and execute complex powdered formulations from development to commercialization
- A strong teammate willing to work together on the bench with other R&D scientists to design optimal beverage & flavor formulations
- Apt at synthesizing scientific principles and large data sets into easy-to-understand language
- Self-motivated with the ability to lead projects and programs with minimal guidance from leadership
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the lab
- Deep knowledge of powdered ingredients including (but not limited to) potential uses, stability considerations and dosing information
- Comfortable potentially managing 1-2 junior associates and acting as a consultant on projects lead by junior associates
- Strong communication skills. Must have the ability to confidently communicate complex technical information to customers as well as colleagues
- Must be comfortable with a high amount of customer-facing engagement, especially when communicating scientific concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to successfully handle high project load in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing priorities
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Mary Harris-Rigas at email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
Section Manager/ Sr. Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting talent within the Food and Beverage Industry and proud to be part of CPS, Inc., which is on Forbes Top 20 Recruiting Firms list for 2017.
Being a manager and senior recruiter in the Food & Beverage group, our specialties include product development, quality, nutrition, regulatory, sensory, flavor development and application from entry level to executive.
I am part of a team of seven which provides more positions for candidates to consider and more candidates for client companies to consider. We pride ourselves in building long lasting relationships and assisting both candidates and client companies in achieving their goals.