Senior Emulsion Polymer Chemist
Rocky Hill, CT US
Senior Emulsion Polymer Chemist
Are you ready to make a difference? Feel like you are making an impact? Ready to find a company that VALUES you and your contributions? This is a growing company that makes emulsion polymers for a variety of applications. YOU will be offered a career path to management in this profitable business with a LONG history! The best is yet to come for you! You will design new emulsion polymers, make them, test them, oversee scale up and work with customers! Apply today!
Responsible for developing proprietary emulsion polymers (acrylic, styrene/acrylic, and vinyl/acrylic) for coatings and adhesive (CASE) applications. The position is a member of the Polymer’s laboratory emulsion polymer synthesis team and reports to the R&D Director.
Position will work with Technical Service to support development of starting point formulation / technical data for CASE industry customers. This is a “hands-on” position responsible for developing emulsion polymers in the laboratory.
Will participate as required in the weekly meeting of the Emulsion Polymers business team.
- Develop proprietary emulsion polymers for coatings and adhesive applications
- Work directly with R&D Director to improve existing emulsion polymer line and provide workable solutions to customer’s requirements
- Ability to work in a Stage/Gate process and to keep several projects moving through the Stage/Gate process
- DOE (Design of Experiments) for next generation emulsions (i.e., acrylics, styrene/acrylics, vinyl acrylics) for Adhesive & Sealants, Architectural, Building Products, Industrial, Non-Wovens & Textiles market areas
- Be familiar with standard testing and formulation procedures for emulsion polymers in these market areas
- Effective communication skills to interact with customers and technical service
- Visit customers as required to give advice regarding formulation and application parameters and performance features for new emulsion polymers
- Effective working relationships with Manufacturing to bring new emulsion polymers from pilot scale to production
- Support Stage/Gate process for cross functional technical information sharing
- Support Technical Service to develop Technical Data Sheets for new proprietary emulsion polymer grades including starting point formulations
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Stephanie Kemp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Self-motivated chemist with strong analytical, planning and communication with a “safety first” mentality
- College Degree – BS in Chemistry or equivalent and five years industrial experience. Advanced degree welcomed
- Experience with emulsion polymerization techniques
- Formulation of emulsion polymers for coatings and adhesive applications desired
- Computer skills – Excel, PowerPoint
- Design of Experiments (DOE) software
If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Stephanie Kemp at email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr Market Recruiting Specialist
Senior Level Recruitment Professional with more than 19 years of experience in the recruitment and placement of Industrial Chemists and Scientists Nationwide from Entry level to Executive level. Resins, Adhesives, Coatings, Plastics, Lubricants, specialty chemicals, additives, inks, and more!!
I have been very successful bringing top valued talent to my clients, and providing expert level guidance to candidates in career searches.