Senior Financial Analyst
New Britain, CT 06053 US
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for overseeing and analyzing all financial activities related to customer profitability, including pricing models, trade budget management, and gross profit analysis, while acting as a business partner to the sales department by providing accurate, timely and relevant information regarding customer performance and driving initiatives to improve profitability.
- Prepare, monitor, and evaluate customer and product P&L and provide recommendations to the sales department to improve profitability.
- Administer the trade budget management system including monitoring and analyzing customer deductions. Support annual budgeting process by providing input on trade budget management and promotional investments.
- Maintain general ledger accounts with respect to trade budget expenses and promotional activities.
- Monitor sales and marketing initiatives to ensure effectiveness and cost efficiency; prepare post audits for all significant trade investments and report deviations from original approved customer P&L.
- Support forecast and budget activities for Net Sales and Gross Profit
3-5 yrs exp industry experience ideal (CPG Preferred)
Flexible in role (very lean group so some things are asked of this role: project work etc)
Has to have a degree in Accounting or Finance