Senior Property Accountant
Willowbrook, IL 60527 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
SUMMARY: Complete all accounting and financial statement preparation for multiple properties within company portfolio. Assist with cash flow management and budgeting for those same properties. Work with Accounting team to complete team goals which contribute to accomplishing company-wide goals. Function as the “CFO” of each assigned entity, understanding all facets of operations, transactional reporting, and financial reporting of the entity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for recording all cash transactions daily for all entities.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts (assets, liabilities, and equity) are reconciled on a monthly basis and any issues are brought up with the Controller. Old outstanding items should be cleared out regularly. Re-classify changes on General Ledger as required.
- Prepare/Review monthly bank reconciliations for unusual or long-outstanding items and correct any issues.
- Processes payables regularly and ensures payments are done in a timely manner.
- Reconcile capital asset and depreciation / amortization activity monthly as part of month-end close process.
- In conjunction with Lease Accounting Administrator: Prepare routine and non-routine billings: percentage rent, new tenant, annual recoveries, calendar year billings, utility billings, and special situations.
- In conjunction with Lease Accounting Administrator: Process cash receipts and bank deposits in accordance with predetermined schedule.
- Prepares monthly financial statements accurately and timely
- Have in-depth understanding of operating/investor agreements for each entity and the resulting investor transactions that are recorded
- Optional: Job-Cost Accounting including, but not limited to: Preparing bank draws, creating development and administration fees, budget updates within projects, change orders, and manual payments.
- Assist with periodic cash flow projections and necessary cash funding requests for all entities
- Assist Asset Management and Property Management teams in preparation of the annual budget for assigned properties.
- Communicate with property manager on specific budget line items when an overage occurs.
- Assist with preparation of periodic reforecast budgets for all assigned entities
- 5+ years' experience in accounting, account reconciliations, financial statement preparation, preparation of cash flow projections and preparation of operating expense budgets
- Has advanced knowledge of accounting, FS reporting and commercial real estate industry
- Analyze past revenue and expense transactions to better predict future trends in same accounts
- Understand, based on specific operating details, the split between Recoverable and Non-Recoverable expenses for each entity
- Bachelor's Degree (Accounting BS preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with commercial real estate accounting software a plus (MRI, Yardi, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively and professionally
Excellent Benefit Package - Generous PTO, 401(k) company match, bonus opportunities, continuing education reimbursement, competitive employee health insurance package including a wellness program & more
Meet Your Recruiter
Responsible for recruiting the CPS division that specializes in Accounting, Finance, Audit and Tax. CPS is a highly specialized, full cycle recruiting firm, placing top talent with the best companies. We've been in business since 1973 and over the years we've placed more than 40,000 of the best and brightest candidates with our clients.
If you are looking for a position in Accounting, Finance, Audit or Tax or if your company is looking for someone to provide you with good candidates for hire, please don't hesitate to contact me.