Senior Retirement Plan Consultant - Defined Contribution
Los Angeles Area, CA US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Fully Remote Opportunity with Flexible Core Hours - Third Party Administration & Consulting on 401k Plans
The Retirement Plan Consultant position will work behind the scenes on an assigned book of business to perform annual testing, asset valuations, contribution calculations, and prepare required filings. You will be expected to work as part of a team, but ultimately be responsible for your caseload of Defined Contribution Plans. This position has exposure to clients, advisors, and CPA's. This position will have help, an assistant will help with loans and distributions processing. Can be based anywhere in the U.S.
- Performs non discrimination and other testing and providing strategic alternatives for correction of failures and presents options to improve future non discrimination test results.
- Prepares signature ready Forms 5500 and other government fillings.
- Effectively communicates the necessary regulatory information and testing requirements to clients in a way that can be easily understood by individuals who are not in the business.
- Reviews, interprets and maintains the legal plan documents in order to assist clients in ensuring plan compliance with current IRS/DOL regulations.
- Remains current with the laws and regulations for retirement plan administration.
- Works with internal associates, clients, and vendors to ensure accurate and timely response to all outstanding client/plan issues
- Strong client relationship skills
- Proficiency in 401(k) plan administration and plan document interpretation
- Performing contribution calculations, cross-testing including year-end valuation
- Loan, hardship, and distribution reviewing (there is an assistant who does this)
- Prepare Forms 5500 and other government filings
- Excellent communication skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Retirement & Actuarial Executive Recruiter
- Why you're looking for a new position
- Why you're interested (or not) in a certain opportunity
I'm confident in my ability to ask enough questions, listen, and truly understand the various factors when making career decisions.
For every 3 candidates that get an interview through me, 1 gets hired. Let me help you find your next home in the retirement industry.
Born, bred, and fed in Chicago. I was a bandwagon Blackhawks fan in 2013, but have since been accepted into that fan community! I come from a big family where the rice and kabobs are always flowing at Sunday dinners.
"I had the pleasure of working with Arbella for 2 months while changing jobs and it could not have been a greater experience. Arbella has the ability to make you feel like you are her only client, which is something that can be hard to find when working with recruiters. She was awesome with guiding me through the interview process, coordinating interview times with my future employer and gathering feedback. Arbella was always quick to follow up with me and never left me in the dark. If you are looking for a new opportunity in the retirement services industry you couldn’t be in better hands."
Check out my other recommendations on Linkedin.