Senior Specialist - Project Manager / Product Development
Lead Product development multi-markets (US and EU) projects for Chilled and Frozen for our Vegetarian Meal Solutions category, to deliver innovative and competitive products and processes/systems in time with agreed quality to the business.
- Strong: project management/leadership, stakeholder management, communication & presentation skills.
- High level of culinary processes, technical understanding and scientific knowledge, ability to formulate and develop innovative products.
Project Management & Technical Leadership:
• Lead cross-functional team (Quality Assurance, Engineering, sensory, etc.) that will deliver project in time with agreed standards.
• People development: Promoting a team building atmosphere, coaching and create team motivated spirit
• Timing and controlling of resources planning and budget.
• Communicate and manage risks and opportunities of the project, drive problem solving activities.
• Incorporate knowledge of food manufacturing facility practices and manage project following NPDI/NQMS (safety, legal compliance, GMP, USDA, etc.) including appropriate documentations (experimental reports, trials, technical plan, specification etc.)
• Drive NHW in projects.
• Manage internal (Department heads, Leadership Team) and external (Marketing, Operations) stakeholders through agreed communication plan and provide guidance based on project objective.
• Protect intellect assets for projects in collaboration with patent Attorney
• Exhibit innovation in discovery, evaluation of new technologies which can have significant impact on new product, improved products or processes, and /or capital avoidance.
• Leveraging an understanding of analytical testing, statistics, sensory testing in the development of new product
• Connect and consult with Ingredient supplier and equipment vendors, propose new materials/processes/equipment that deliver new benefits and in line with project objectives.
• Planning and coordinating pilot plant, manufacturing plant tests, scaling up from lab to Pilot plant to final industrial scale.
• Network with specialist of the same area and within Nestle and NPTC FOOD, partner with various businesses, to leverage relevant science and technology to support project progress.
• Understand the product category, consumer insights, stay updated on competitors activities both commercial and technical.
- Master’s Degree or PhD. In Food Science and Technology, Food Engineering, Agriculture Chemistry
- Minimum 5 years of Food industry experience in product development, research and development role
- Proven project management and organizational skills
- Excellent project management and Team Leadership skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to lead multiple and complex projects in cross-functional environment, while delivering significant business results
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexible and devoted team player
- Ability to travel globally up to 50% of the time
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Mary Rigas at email@example.com.
Section Manager/ Sr. Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting talent within the Food and Beverage Industry and proud to be part of CPS, Inc., which is on Forbes Top 20 Recruiting Firms list for 2017.
Being a manager and senior recruiter in the Food & Beverage group, our specialties include product development, quality, nutrition, regulatory, sensory, flavor development and application from entry level to executive.
I am part of a team of seven which provides more positions for candidates to consider and more candidates for client companies to consider. We pride ourselves in building long lasting relationships and assisting both candidates and client companies in achieving their goals.