Sourcing Manager, Direct Materials
Atlanta, GA 30303
My client, an industry leading Consumer Packaged Goods manufacturing company is seeking a Sourcing Manager to manage a $150M spend of Direct Materials spend for corrugate, cores, core stock and similar. Responsibilities for this role include strategic category management including supplier relationship management, contracting and contract management, project management, developing strategies, building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Work with the cross functional team to understand current market and critical market drivers.
- Track and report key supplier performance metrics including cost savings, incremental margin, cost avoidance and other metrics as necessary (service, quality, etc.)
- Analyze results to measure value creation and ensure ongoing support and promotion of key category strategies.
- Develop, manage, and maintain key internal stakeholder and external supply relationships.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop sourcing strategies.
- Use a total-cost-of-ownership (TCO) approach while identifying alternatives, assess associated risks, and conduct scenario-analysis.
- Understand the legal, technical, and commercial aspects of agreements.
- Effectively leverage the Strategic Sourcing Process.
- BA/BS, preferred in Supply Chain management, Engineering, Operations/Manufacturing
- 5+ years in a strategic sourcing role with manufacturing company managing a large spend of packaging (corrugate)
- Leadership potential
- Independent thinker and team player
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.