Menominee, MI 49858
- Formulation of specialty chemicals – agrochemical and surfactant preferred.
- Technical Liaison with the Customers with regard to key data reporting, production planning, process troubleshooting and status updates. Maintenance of details surrounding key attributes to successful production.
- Assist in Technology Transfer from customers to lab to plant. Demonstrate process in lab, optimize, support scale up in plant.
- PHA/Safety/Start-up Support and Involvement to maximize success of the overall project from the screening through Commercial production.
- Provide support resources for operations as required at critical steps.
- Review and provide input for process optimization.
- Interact with customers and their technical groups as required to meet and exceed their expectations on timing, quality, and productivity.
- Support the department capability to facilitate information between operations and technical groups including troubleshooting, engineering input and guidance, scheduling and asset availability and capabilities.
- Develop laboratory knowledge of plant operations as needed to maximize capability to contribute to site performance.
- Evaluate potential opportunities to add business or enter new markets.
- Travel expected to be <10%.
- Promote a safe and healthy workplace.
- Write production reports and present information to customers and site personnel.
US Citizen or Green Card Holder Required
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS: BS-PhD. 5 years of process-based chemistry in multiple specialty chemicals. Lead technology transfer from customers to lab and on to plant. Ability to multi-task on projects and provide accurate and timely status updates. Familiarity with EHS plans, OSHA, and waste disposal actions. Proof of Concept: Ability to identify proven chemistries that can be replicated or learned by staff.
SOFTSKILLS: Highly effective communication style. Sales mentality when speaking with customers. Willingness to be active in the overall success of the company (wear many hats, even when it is not in job description).
SPECIALTIES: All Industrial Research & Development Laboratory related positions including: Formulation Chemist; Synthetic Chemist; R & D Leadership; Analytical Chemistry; Technical Service; Regulatory; Project Mangers; Process Chemistry; Environmental and Health; Quality Positions; Material Scientist.
EXPERIENCE: My area of specialty includes: Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Specialty Chemicals, Building Materials, Polymers, Petrochemical, Agrochemical; Surface Cleaners; Ink; Surfactants; Resins.
The levels of candidates that I place include Chemists; Sr Chemists; Innovation; Directors; Quality Professionals; Technical Service Professionals; Production Supervisors; EHS Specialists; Scientist; Regulatory Professionals; and Laboratory Support Personnel.
I’M IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE: There’s no better feeling than helping someone realize their potential by assisting them in advancing their career. I love making that connection! My goal is to consistently build long lasting relationships with both my clients and my applicants.
CLIENTS CAN COUNT ON ME BECAUSE: I pride myself on the quality of my work and I truly CARE about their needs. The better I know them, the better my understanding is as to who would fit their needs.