Sr. Development Engineer
Sr. Development Engineer
Responsible for design and testing of application devices for caulks, sealants, foams, adhesives, and patch/repair products, as well as functional packaging for these products. You will work closely with Marketing, Product Management, Manufacturing, and R&D to ensure that the designs meet market needs, cost targets, and production requirements.
- Work independently to initiate and manage industrial design projects related to new product development across all company product categories
- Analyze customer needs and insights, and translate them into value-added design solutions
- Participate in on-site ethnographic Voice of Customer research
- Design, prototype, and test application tool and packaging designs
- Identify and select materials and components to meet design objectives
- Develop and perform competitive assessments and analyses
- Identify, assess and select potential 3rd party design and/or manufacturing partners, and act as their liaison with selected firm(s)
- Travel to production facilities to evaluate processes
- Act as the “thought leader” for the business regarding tool and packaging design
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Dave Maxwell at 815.756.1221 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering / Design
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience in design, prototyping, and testing of mechanical systems
- Knowledge of materials selection and manufacturing processes and direct experience working with a broad array of materials
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Computer Aided Design modeling concepts and software
- Proven track record of successful new product design and development
- Ability to work effectively with a cross-functional team from project concept through commercialization
- Experience with design of application tools and/or packaging or materials similar to sealants, adhesives, or foams
- Experience working with tooling manufacturers, both domestically and internationally
- Passion for design, engineering, problem solving, and creativity
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and presentation skills
- A breadth of technical knowledge and a keen interest in learning from others
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Dave Maxwell at 815.756.12221 / email@example.com.
Sr Technical Recruiter
Senior Level Recruitment Professional with more than 22 years of experience in the recruitment and placement of Industrial Chemists and Scientists Nationwide from Entry level to Executive level. Resins, Polymers, Adhesives, Coatings, Plastics, Lubricants, Specialty Chemicals, Agricultural Chemicals, Additives, Inks, Consumer Products, and more!
I have been very successful bringing top valued talent to my clients and providing expert level guidance to candidates in career searches.