Sr. Food Technologist
Sr. Food Technologist
The job involves working collaboratively with company’s chefs, R&D, Operations and Quality staff to develop on-trend salad dressings, sauces and mayonnaise from benchtop through plant production that help their customers delight their customers. Periodically, it also causes grinning from ear to ear when you are sitting at home watching a TV commercial or driving along in your car and spot a billboard advertising one of their customer’s menu items that contains a product you had a hand in creating. The Right Candidate: Is self-aware in their interpersonal communication style, humble yet self-confident while proposing and implementing solutions to complex technical and creative challenges, while being open to other points of view. This candidate is hungry, meaning they are self-motivated and diligent.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for formula creation, revision, evaluation and validation prior to manufacturing packet distribution to the plants. Design formula to meet customer specifications and requirements. Utilize nutrition database for product development, recipe analysis, nutrition analysis and government compliant labeling. Responsible for leading minor and major projects from concept to commercialization. Adhering to all safe practices and GMP’s for the tests being performed
- Responsible for overall project tracking, communication to sales, marketing, operations, senior technical services staff, and customers
- Design as well as participate in the coordination, monitoring, testing, and reporting shelf life stability testing activities
- Provides in depth theoretical expertise in one or more technical core competency areas
- Recommends and/or initiates projects within existing programs and/or business channels
- Identifies new hypotheses / technology and designs and conducts research program to verify validity
- May recommend patent action
- Trains and may supervise others as appropriate
- Represents supervisor or department as required at meetings. May interview and recommend hiring of technical personnel
**If you’d like to hear more about these opportunities and others we are currently working on, please contact Mary Rigas at email@example.com.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related field, Biology, Chemistry or equivalent experience and 5+ years food laboratory experience required
- Experience in a food manufacturing or processing environment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in culinary or relevant hospitality food production experience desired
- Experience in the development of salad dressings, sauces and mayonnaise for the fast-paced foodservice market along with some back-of-house food preparation experience is a plus
- Must have general understanding of food codes and regulatory guidelines and the ability to research regulatory guidelines and the ability to research regulatory matters as needed
- Must be able to manage projects from bench to commercialization
- Must possess a basic understanding and knowledge of ingredient interactions
- Must have basic knowledge in one or more technical disciplines
- Must possess organization, project management and effective written and verbal communication skills are required
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must have knowledge of lab and pilot processing equipment
- An understanding of emulsion technology, dry blend technology, flavor development, and the basic science of process technology
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Mary Rigas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section Manager/ Sr. Technical Recruiter
I specialize in connecting talent within the Food and Beverage Industry and proud to be part of CPS, Inc., which is on Forbes Top 20 Recruiting Firms list for 2017.
Being a manager and senior recruiter in the Food & Beverage group, our specialties include product development, quality, nutrition, regulatory, sensory, flavor development and application from entry level to executive.
I am part of a team of seven which provides more positions for candidates to consider and more candidates for client companies to consider. We pride ourselves in building long lasting relationships and assisting both candidates and client companies in achieving their goals.