Sr. Formulation Scientist, Architectural Coatings x 2
Johnson City, TN
Formulation Scientist, Architectural Coatings (x2)
The Formulation Scientist will plan and conduct research to develop and commercialize new products for architectural coatings applications.
- Apply deep understanding of architectural coatings and regulatory requirements to develop and test new additives and formulations that enable differentiated performance, reduced cost and increased efficiency
- Network with a cross functional team across R&D, marketing, sales and manufacturing to develop products which can transition quickly from the lab to commercial scale
- Work with global teams focused on new application development projects for architectural coatings
- Determine fitness-for-use criteria for specific architectural coatings applications and reduce these to formulation characteristics using knowledge of coatings structure-process-property relationships
- Select raw materials for starting point formulations to test developmental latexes, pigments, coalescents, and other additives
- Provide technical support to manufacturing, engineering, and QC organizations during product scale up and commercialization
- Develop new technical literature to support new products or techniques
- Establish peer level connect with co-suppliers and customers in order to identify potential opportunities for synergies and joint development
- Provide regular insights on new technologies and competitive solutions in the architectural segment and play a key role in development of company’s intellectual property strategy
- Oversee testing of coatings to industry standards
- Support quality, health, and safety initiatives as they relate to formulation, material safety, and technical data sheets
- Attend trade shows / technical conferences to align with market trends and establish / strengthen market connect
- Travel to customers to discover needs, match fitness for use characteristics with product offerings, and support the engagements through final commercialization
- Mentor and support development of technicians
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Larry Riederer at 815.756.1221 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor of Science in Polymer Science, Coatings Science, Chemistry, Engineering or a related field is required, as PhD is preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant architectural coatings formulation experience, including materials selection, paint preparation, and paint testing is required
- Experience working with raw material suppliers is required
- Experience formulating waterborne coatings is required
- Technical project leadership experience with a proven track record of successfully commercializing new products is preferred
- Working knowledge of chemical synthesis and process as they relate to resins, polymers, additives, and pigments is preferred
- Excellent judgment and relational abilities
- Able to collaborate with peers of various technical backgrounds and fields of expertise to enable effective product development
- Quickly assimilates new information
- High level of motivation, initiative and sense of urgency
- Complete fluency in English, including good verbal and written technical communications
**If you’d like to hear more about this opportunity and others we are currently working on, please contact Larry Riederer at 815.756.1221 / email@example.com
I have over 20 years of experience with Chemical Personnel Search (CPS) . All we do is recruit and place people in the chemical industry nationwide. CPS has been recruiting chemists, engineers, sales people and supply chain since 1973. I work with 40 other recruiters.
I have a wide range of positions and levels.
The following are some of the areas: Polymers, Resins, Coatings, Adhesives, Inks, Composites, Plastics, Lubricants, Personal Care, Skin/Hair Care, Cleaners and Specialty Chemicals.
These can be: Organic/Polymer Synthesis, New Product Development, Analytical/Characterization, Quality Control, Process Development, Materials Science and others. These are from BS to Ph.D. and from Entry Level to Vice-President.
Specialties: We specialize in placing Chemists, Scientists and Managers in the industrial chemical industry
For more information please reach out!