CPS, Inc. http://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/62510/logos/200x200.png http://www.cps4jobs.com http://www.cps4jobs.com USD 85000 95000 YEAR true
Sr. Payroll/Benefits Specialist
Pittsburgh, (none selected) US
Posted: 05/11/2023 2023-05-11 2023-06-11 Industry: Human Resources Job Number: FL 393 Pay Rate: $85,000-$95,000 Experience:
Sr. Payroll/Benefits Specialist
Payroll Specialist duties
- Responsible for the entire US payroll function ensuring accurate and timely processing of multi-state bi-weekly payroll, payroll tax and funding of 401(k), loans, HSA, deferred compensation, etc.
- Support system configuration as it pertains to payroll and timekeeping.
- Provide standard and ad-hoc payroll reports as needed by various internal departments such as Accounting, Legal, Benefits, and Human Resources.
- Support escalated payroll inquiries, navigate complex situations by recognizing problematic areas, and take ownership of communications through timely resolution.
- Manage compliance related matters such as but not limited to multi-jurisdiction tax withholdings, subpoenas, garnishments, annual audits, balancing and reconciling pay data etc.
- Research and resolve tax notices from federal, state, and local tax agencies.
- Provide support to various projects involving process enhancements and system integrations.
- Create and/or maintain payroll documentation, process workflows, and work instructions as it relates to processing, operational procedures, compliance, and other payroll-related matters.
- Perform data reconciliation/audits to ensure data integrity across multiple systems.
- Manage and prepare year-end process including W2s and tax filings.
Benefits Specialist duties
- Analyze and identify opportunities for improvement and recommend scalable processes and/or best practices.
- Use in-depth human resources knowledge to assist North America HR team and line supervision in interpreting and consistently applying policies, programs, and processes.
- Gather, consolidate, and draft information for internal and external correspondence, presentations, and reports with precision, accuracy and a keen eye for detail.
- Perform data analysis and provide recommendations to the HR Managers and/or CHRO.
- Serve on project teams, which may include leading teams, leading meetings, spearheading initiatives, and representing HR on cross-functional teams.
- Facilitate HR transactions related to personnel moves, changes in compensation, hires and terminations.
- A degree in Human Resources or Business is preferred.
- At least seven years of payroll experience required.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) required.
- Capability of maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to produce accurate, error-free work.
- Strong SharePoint, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Proficiency in HRIS reporting
- Experience with Paylocity preferred.
- Experience with Fidelity preferred.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.