Sr. Sourcing Manager, Chemicals
Atlanta, GA 30303
Our client, an industry leading Consumer Packaged Goods manufacturing company is seeking a Sr. Sourcing Manager to manage a $200M spend of Specialty Chemicals. Responsibilities for this role include strategic category management including supplier relationship management, contracting and contract management, project management, developing strategies, building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Create sourcing strategies using a total-cost-of-ownership (TCO) approach while identifying alternatives, assess associated risks, and conduct scenario-analysis.
- Track and report key supplier performance metrics.
- Manage raw material categories; exercising contract optionality, maintaining inventory controls, optimizing inbound freight, managing supply relations, and driving creative destruction.
- Effectively communicate both internal and external needs and priorities to drive value creation in line with stakeholder expectations.
- Develop, manage, and maintain key internal stakeholder and external supply relationships.
- Understand the legal, technical, and commercial aspects of agreements.
- Effectively leverage the Strategic Sourcing Process.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop category sourcing strategies.
- Analyze market and industry trends to develop POVs that establish an economic basis for raw material purchasing & management strategies
- BA/BS, preferred in Supply Chain management, Engineering, Operations/Manufacturing
- 7+ years in a strategic sourcing role with manufacturing company managing a large spend of chemicals
- Strong chemical knowledge – ability to leverage and understand the market
- Proven Leadership
I am a recruiter with 20 years of experience, currently recruiting Procurement & Supply Chain Management professionals for food and chemical manufacturing companies nationwide. I place professionals at all levels in Supply Chain: Purchasing/Procurement, Sourcing, Planning/Forecasting, Transportation, Logistics, Warehouse.
Whether you are an employer searching for top-notch talent or a candidate looking to change jobs, CPS has a solution for you. With over 40 years of recruiting expertise, the recruiters of CPS have the market and technical knowledge to understand your employment needs.