St Louis Park, MN 55424 US
STAFF ACCOUNTANT STAFF ACCOUNTANT STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Accounting Professional, are you ready to take your career to another level with an organization that will have your interest in mind first? For the past 20 years, CPS has been working with the largest employers, specifically for their accounting and finance needs. We work strategically with our clients to find and match the best accounting and finance professionals to help improve their business.
Here at CPS, Inc, we only work with our clients to directly place quality talent for permanent and full-time positions. Our experienced recruiters spend time getting to know you, what type of work and company culture you like, and what your career goals are moving forward. We use our experience and knowledge of our client companies to find the right match for you. If you are looking to build your career, ready to take on new challenges, and gain the experiences you have always wanted, we want to work with you!
- Responsible for compiling and entering payroll data.
Performs a variety of general accounting functions.
- Compiles payroll information, enters data, computes and submits payroll reports to vendor on a semi-monthly basis.
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Monitors timesheets, generates automated reports from the payroll system.
- Records all changes such as tax exemptions, changes to deductions, transfer of cost codes to employee records in the payroll system.
- Prepares a variety of computer generated reports relative to employees from the payroll system.
- Handles multiple confidential administrative projects including but not limited to those listed on the attached list.
- Performs various accounting tasks related to the monthly accounting close such as journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Provide back-up to the accounts payable function.
- 3 – 5 years of accounting and payroll experience. Experience with ADP a plus.
- Good communication and organizational skills are necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Should have a high proficiency with Excel.
- Associate’s degree in accounting degree / equivalent experience preferred