San Francisco, CA 94124
The Tax Manager is responsible for ensuring quality tax services, accounting and consulting work for the firm’s clients, in compliance with tax regulations and GAAP. Further, he\she is responsible for building positive client relationships and providing exceptional client service. The Tax Manager plans, budgets and organizes engagements. The Tax Manager supervises, trains, and develops the firm’s professional staff.
The Tax Manager is responsible for all aspects of the tax compliance and consulting processes. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Technical Expertise – The Tax Manager is responsible for ensuring quality tax and accounting services to clients in compliance with tax regulations and GAAP. He\She must stay current on regulatory and industry changes affecting clients. The Tax Manager conducts research on complex technical issues and presents results or alternatives to engagement partners or clients as appropriate.
- Practice Development – The Tax Manager contributes to practice development by building positive client relationships and providing exceptional client service. He\She takes responsibility for exceeding client expectations, takes a leadership role in professional and community organizations, and identifies and sells client service opportunities.
- Engagement Administration - The Tax Manager plans, budgets and organizes client engagements. He\She assumes overall project management responsibility including staffing billing and client satisfaction. The Tax Manager sets priorities and manages the workloads of staff through effective delegation and supervision.
- 4. Staff Development - The Tax Manager supervises, trains, and develops the firm’s professional staff He\She recognizes talents and weaknesses of staff and intervenes with constructive feedback and action plans as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- 4-6 years of tax experience in public accounting required with High Net Worth Preferred
- CPA Required
Responsible for recruiting the CPS division that specializes in Accounting, Finance, Audit and Tax. CPS is a highly specialized, full cycle recruiting firm, placing top talent with the best companies. We've been in business since 1973 and over the years we've placed more than 40,000 of the best and brightest candidates with our clients.
If you are looking for a position in Accounting, Finance, Audit or Tax or if your company is looking for someone to provide you with good candidates for hire, please don't hesitate to contact me.