Chicago, IL 60606
A Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for utilizing research skills, applying tax foundational knowledge to understand potential tax issues, gathering client information necessary for filing, participating in tax planning, recognizing and communicating potential risks, preparing tax accrual workpapers and working with tax software applications to complete tax returns for review. In this role, the Senior Tax Accountant may be charged with supervising and reviewing the work of Tax Accountants.
Specific Job Duties:
- Assists with developing, recommending, and implementing efficient and effective methods to maximize client benefits.
- Conducts detailed reviews on all returns and appropriate review notes for preparers; raises potential tax issues
- Meets internal deadlines to match the client expectations for timely delivery of service
- Ensures both that (a) clients comply with all applicable authorities, while at the same time minimizing their tax and reporting burdens, and (b) self and client service teams comply with all Firm policies and standards.
- Manages projects by planning the tax process and the procedures to be performed with quality
- Identifies book-to-tax differences
- Answers preparer questions, and coordinates engagement from onset by communicating expectations and procedures with preparers
- Identifies when research is needed; clearly and concisely frames issues to be researched; and clearly and concisely reports the analysis.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required. Masters degree in Accounting beneficial, masters degree in taxation preferred
- Two (2) to seven (7) years of prior experience. Experience with corporate taxation, consolidations, and partnerships preferred. Prior basic supervisory experience preferred. Prior experience preparing and reviewing of tax provisions preferred.
- Passed CPA Exam preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills. Able to prepare business, trust and individual tax returns. Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues, problems related to compliance. Ability to effectively delegate work as needed. Trains other team members. Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills. Able to work well in a team environment.
Meet Your Recruiter
Responsible for recruiting the CPS division that specializes in Accounting, Finance, Audit and Tax. CPS is a highly specialized, full cycle recruiting firm, placing top talent with the best companies. We've been in business since 1973 and over the years we've placed more than 40,000 of the best and brightest candidates with our clients.
If you are looking for a position in Accounting, Finance, Audit or Tax or if your company is looking for someone to provide you with good candidates for hire, please don't hesitate to contact me.