Training and Development Specialist
Beaumont, TX 77701
- Manages on-boarding process to ensure associates are effectively oriented to Huntsman and the Port Neches site. Ensures managers and other stakeholders are engaged to support on-boarding associates successfully to their new role. May deliver portions of orientation program or other site training programs.
- Owns creation of training matrix for all positions in the plant. Collaborates with Subject Matter Experts at site to ensure alignment of training content with operational and regulatory needs.
- Consults with internal clients, conducts need analysis to identify causes of performance gaps and identify solutions that address performance gaps (training or otherwise).
- Consult with managers and supervisors to assess site capability, develop and implement plans to build technical, professional and leadership acumen.
- Coordinates and implements certification and re-certification programs for Maintenance and salaried associates as appropriate.
- Manages process to ensure all facility EHS (including HAZMAT, DOT, Texas Railroad Commission, Medical, TSCA, RCRA, fire extinguisher, etc.) training is completed.
- Develop new training content and where appropriate incorporate into computer-based training programs.
- Responsible to ensure all training records are maintained properly and participates in audit of training records as needed.
- Participate in advisory capacity to local Community Colleges and High Schools to support educational programs that develop students for future careers in the chemical industry.
- Collaborate with Learning and Development peers and Shared Services colleagues in Huntsman to ensure site needs are fully supported.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent training and comparable work experience.
- 3 years of experience in a chemical manufacturing plant, construction or heavy equipment industry.
- 3 years of experience as a training or instructional designer.