Transaction Advisory Manager
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Plan, execute, direct and complete financial/accounting due diligence for private equity and strategic buyers and sellers from a variety of industries.
- Develop relationships with clients and engage in effective interactions with target company executives
- Compiling and analyzing historical financial data/financial statements provided by buyer and/or seller as well as conducting interviews with buyer or seller
- Preparing reports on the quality of the client or selling company earnings (Quality of
- Earnings/normalized EBITDA) by highlighting significant business profitability trends and overly aggressive accounting policies
- Supervise staff of professionals from different experience backgrounds and provide performance review feedback
- Assist Partners on proposals and new business opportunities by drafting responses, participating in the proposal process, building client relationships, demonstrating knowledge of client business and communicating directly with the buyer and seller.
- Manage client expectations concerning project deliverables and deadlines and lead change efforts effectively.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships and cross-sell services.
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
- Strong current knowledge in US GAAP, GAAS, transaction advisory services or mergers and acquisitions.
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills
- Continuously fostering relationships with coworkers (through all services lines of Company) and clients (both strategics and private equity)
- Participating in a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
Education and years of experience targeted include: Bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance MBA in Finance or equivalent CPA certification a plus Experience within a nationally recognized Transaction Advisory Practice Ability to travel 30% - 40% of the time In addition, the skills needed include: Strong technical accounting skills, with detailed knowledge of GAAP Advanced analytical and issue resolution intelligence. Problem solving is essential. Strong written and verbal communication skills, as report writing is required to serve TAS clients. The ability to conduct detailed analysis (using external information) on products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities. Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations. Proficient with PC environments and related software, including Microsoft Office applications. - Especially advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint preferred. Proficient use and analysis of computer models and development of dynamic spreadsheet applications. A strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance and due diligence findings. Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-tasked environment. Ability and willingness to learn and adapt in an ever-changing environment to meet client needs Prior experience building financial budgets and decision models